About the Company
BestLife Holdings, Inc. (BestLife) is high performance health, evolved. With over 200M men and women over 30 in the US experiencing incredibly common but overlooked or under-treated health issues related to aging, we are laser-focused on building a category-defining platform that enables healthy aging at scale.
Cenegenics is the inaugural and core company in the BestLife portfolio, a pioneer in preventive health. Its foundational offering is a peak performance and longevity membership program designed for men and women seeking to live their best and healthiest lives. Cenegenics offers data-driven, physician-supervised diagnostics and care in-person and online, setting a higher standard of care for people nationwide using precision medicine for preventive care. In 2022, the company is celebrating 25 years of service for 30,000+ people.
Over the next few years BestLife will be launching new, complementary products and services that scale our existing clinic-based membership model and knowledge base via telemedicine, machine learning and other cutting-edge capabilities. The company recently completed a major funding round with several top investors in healthy aging, functional medicine and consumer wellness, with participation from a number of well-known healthcare, digital media, professional sports athletes and will be launching in early 2022 with a new brand and the formal announcement of new portfolio businesses. We have big ambitions and a powerful tailwind to drive growth, and it is an exciting time to join the team that will be driving the next major advances in healthful aging.
About the role
The Salesforce Development Architect is responsible for cultivating and leading a team of Salesforce Developers. You will have full ownership of the design and build of our Salesforce system within BestLife’s business units, including how other development teams’ interface with Salesforce. In this capacity, you will also partner closely with Technical Operations to ensure administration and management of Salesforce are aligned with the technical capabilities. This role spans responsibilities from high-level architecture and design through hands-on development, participate, building and testing to ensure all viable options are objectively considered, and balance business goals with technical design and project constraints to meet requirements. This role requires deep technical knowledge of the Salesforce.com platform, a thorough understanding of all healthcare business processes, and familiarity with off-the-shelf and custom integrations.
What you will do
- Envision a technical roadmap that supports the business priorities and collaborates with your product management counterparts to execute it
- Create a technical process that results in everybody improving their work quality and BestLife achieving its business goals faster
- Collaborate with Salesforce admin team, and prioritization and scoping of work items
- Partner with other technical team leaders and departments throughout the organization to plan, build, and maintain complex cross-platform integrations
- Mentor a team of Salesforce developers while building a team culture of positivity, inclusiveness, and collaboration
- Work directly with developer and Salesforce admins to design, document and build solutions that solve the needs of our end-users in a scalable way
- Oversee, plan and execute unit tests and functional testing to ensure completed work meets defined success criteria, reliably
- Deploy, monitor, and support software releases during iterative development cycles
- Instill, implement and enforce best practices regarding system architecture and scalability
- Engage in and foster relationships, partnerships and future opportunities with existing and prospective vendors
- Stay up to date with current technology trends in Salesforce to access and make recommendations on processes, design, and operations that can positively impact the business
What you bring to the table
- Knowledge of office software, particularly the Microsoft Office Suite and CRM software
- Ability to estimate development effort and manage timelines
- A relationship builder with collaboration and communication skills that allow you to be effective at influencing across departments and within the team
- Familiarity with Salesforce administration and configurations
- Recognition of and responsiveness to the needs of all clients of the organization
- Must be familiar with and adhere to all protocols and procedures—departmental, as well as organizational
- Demonstrate a self-starter mentality with a roll of your sleeves and get things done (nothing is beneath you)
- Imperative to have organizational skills, attention to detail, the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines, and have sound judgement
- Working knowledge of VS Code, Jira, and Confluence to project manage (Nice to have)
- Minimum of 8+ years of experience with Apex, Visualforce, Salesforce Classic, and the Lightning Component Framework
- Platform Developer Salesforce certifications: others are desired, but not required
- Experience with click-not-code configurations Flow and Digital Experiences
- Technical experience with software development outside of the Salesforce ecosystem
- Thorough experience with creating and promoting technical solutions with Salesforce and Project Management
- Experience with Applicant Programing Interfaces (APIs)
- Experience using Agile methodologies
- Experience working with stakeholders to assess needs, design solutions, and manage expectations
- Working knowledge of VS Code, Jira, and Confluence to project manage (Nice to have)
- Experience in administration and setup (e.g., managing users, security controls, and data as well as creating roles, profiles, and reports)
- Experience with technical solutions in healthcare and life sciences (Nice to have)
- Experience with Health Cloud (Nice to have)
- Previous work experience with application and software development, including a strong understanding of relational databases
Who we are?
Great care and thoughtful consideration are taken when making our hiring decisions, and we are very proud of the team we have assembled. We have built an extremely unique organization which requires employees who take great pride in extending superior service each day. We empower our employees to be their best and achieve their career goals.
Our employees enjoy team activities which include charity drives, fitness challenges and group activities through our own “Culture Club.”
What we value
- Family – we are a team that takes care of one another and helps each other perform at our best
- Imagination – we make the impossible possible. To our members we say, “We can make that work”
- Excellence – in everything we do, big and small, we do it right – consistently
- Integrity – we speak up and do the right thing
- Collaboration – new ideas are best actioned together
- Diversity – different backgrounds and perspectives better everything we do
- Innovation – out-of-the-box thinking happens every day here!
- Respect – we celebrate and admire the experience and expertise of our teammates
Investments in your health
- A flexible working environment
- 100% employer-paid employee medical, dental, vision, short-term disability and life insurance/AD&D for eligible employees
- Voluntary health benefits (life insurance, critical illness, and accident coverage)
- Health Savings Account with company contributions (subject to plan selection)
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP)
- Premium Only Plan – which allows health premiums to be deducted on a pre-tax basis
- Worldwide Emergency Travel Assistance Program
- Paid vacation, sick, bereavement and jury duty for eligible employees
- 10 paid holidays annually
- Education Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Program
- Paid volunteer time off and team events
- Generous 401(k) company match
- Gym dues reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- Other great perks and benefits!
BestLife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
BestLife is an Equal Opportunity Employer. BestLife policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on actual or perceived—or association with others of an actual or perceived—race, color, religious creed, sex or gender, national or ethnic origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related conditions), genetic information, gender identify or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, citizen or immigration status or any other basis protected by federal, State, or local laws. BestLife also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
BestLife participates in E-Verify
Not sure if this is you?
We want a diverse team, with a broad range of experience and perspectives. If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still consider applying. We carefully consider every application, and will either move forward with you, find another team that might be a better fit, keep in touch for future opportunities, or thank you for your time.