About the Company:
BestLife is high performance health, evolved. With over 200M men and women over 30 in the US experiencing incredibly common but overlooked or under-treated health issues related to aging, we are laser-focused on building a category-defining platform that enables healthy aging at scale.
Cenegenics is the inaugural and core company in the BestLife portfolio, a pioneer in preventive health. Its core offering is a peak performance and longevity membership program designed for men and women seeking to live their best and healthiest lives. Cenegenics offers data-driven, physician-supervised diagnostics and care in-person and online, setting a higher standard of care for people nationwide using precision medicine for preventive care. In 2022, the company will be celebrating 25 years of service for 30,000+ people.
Over the next few years BestLife will be launching new, complementary products and services that scale our existing clinic-based membership model and knowledge base via telemedicine, machine learning and other cutting-edge capabilities. The company recently completed a major funding round with several top investors and will be launching in the fall 2021 with a new brand and the formal announcement of our new portfolio businesses. We have big ambitions and a powerful tailwind to drive growth, and it is an exciting time to join the team that will be driving the next major advances in healthful aging.
Why We Need You:
Our company is passionately committed to delivering five-star clinical and client service to our members around the world. We love our members and are inspired by the transformation they’ve achieved through the Cenegenics program. BestLife is on its way to creating a multimillion-dollar company that transforms the way the world views preventive health care. We’ll only succeed if you join us to build, inspire, and elevate the team that makes it all possible.
About the Role:
- You will be heading the People Operations function as the company scales up from its scrappy roots. More than scaling our processes, you’ll be instrumental in scaling our culture.
- You’ll be reporting to our CEO, someone who cares passionately about building culture, processes, and teams that support people in doing their best work. While there, you’ll set the vision, mission, and goals for your team, and hire the people who will help us to grow and shine. We’ll need your help to scale the rest of the company to match our projected growth. At the same time, you’ll be working closely with the CEO to understand how our team works best together and how they could work better together, to find ways to preserve and grow what’s best about our culture as we scale.
- You will also lead with empathy and humility, and be a role model for others to do the same. Infuse our culture in everything we do; from policies and trainings, to talent management and engagement.
- Track and drive improvement in the metrics that indicate the health of our team. Coach and mentor our managers to become better leaders and provide their employees with the support they need to be successful. Join the leadership team and serve as an advisor on key initiatives.
- Accountable for all functional people operations domains including but not limited to talent acquisition, learning and development, performance management and total compensation.
- Stewardship of company culture and values.
- Develop the trust and partnership of all employees.
- Own and be accountable for strategy and execution of all people operations policies, initiatives, and metrics.
- Mentor, lead, and grow a dedicated and nimble team of people ops employees and consultants.
- Be a best-in-class facilitator when necessary between individuals and teams.
- Ensure employment law and regulations are adhered to across the US for our employees across all national center locations.
- Set up and administer the HR policies and procedures.
- 8+ years of experience in HR and 2+ years leading HR teams
- Previous experience as a member of the senior leadership team
- Empathetic communicator who connects easily with people of all different backgrounds, skills, roles, and perspectives
- Excitement about the values and mission of our company, and the ability to inspire others to feel the same
- Track record of managing and developing a great remote work culture (for remote employees)
- Previous experience at a company going through rapid growth
It would be nice if…
- You have excelled at both startups and big companies.
- You’re a fountain of knowledge about employment law.
- You love creating programs for learning and development that help your employees and organization grow.
What we offer:
- A flexible working environment
- Company-paid employee medical and dental premiums
- Health Savings Account with company contributions
- Employee assistance Plan
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Paid volunteer time off and team events.
- 401(k) with company match
- Gym dues reimbursement