About the Company:
BestLife Holdings, Inc. (BestLife) is high performance health, evolved. With over 200M men and women over 30 in the US experiencing incredibly common but overlooked or under-treated health issues related to aging, we are laser-focused on building a category-defining platform that enables healthy aging at scale.
Cenegenics is the inaugural and core company in the BestLife portfolio, a pioneer in preventive health. Its foundational offering is a peak performance and longevity membership program designed for men and women seeking to live their best and healthiest lives. Cenegenics offers data-driven, physician-supervised diagnostics and care in-person and online, setting a higher standard of care for people nationwide using precision medicine for preventive care. In 2022, the company will be celebrating 25 years of service for 30,000+ people.
Over the next few years BestLife will be launching new, complementary products and services that scale our existing clinic-based membership model and knowledge base via telemedicine, machine learning and other cutting-edge capabilities. The company recently completed a major funding round with several top investors in healthy aging, functional medicine and consumer wellness, with participation from a number of well-known healthcare, digital media, professional sports athletes and will be launching in early 2022 with a new brand and the formal announcement of new portfolio businesses. We have big ambitions and a powerful tailwind to drive growth, and it is an exciting time to join the team that will be driving the next major advances in healthful aging.
About the Role
The Controller, located in our HQ, Last Vegas, NV office will be responsible for oversight of all accounting functions including A/P, A/R, financial reporting, internal controls and budgeting activities across our holding company and its subsidiaries, including our healthcare subscription services and product offerings. This is a hands-on role with the Controller leading as well as performing day-to-day accounting and managing, mentoring, and coaching a team. The Controller will ensure that BestLife has the systems and procedures in place to support compliance across all accounting and financial operations.
Essential Job Functions
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring timely completion and accuracy of accounts reconciliations and journal entries in compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements. In addition, to include inventory costing, revenue recognition, liabilities, taxes, and equity transactions
- Ensuring revenue is properly recognized under and complying with, the requirements of FASB ASC 606
- Coordinating issuance of 1099 forms and tax letters; verifying correct tax rates, when applicable
- Develop and maintain internal controls to safeguard financial assets, including coordination of independent auditors and lead preparation of annual financial statements
- Oversee all payroll, state registrations, licensing, business insurance, tax setups and ensure compliance with all federal, state and local filing agencies (i.e., MBT, sales and use tax, wage reports, etc.), purchasing, credit card management, asset management, cash flow forecasting and planning, inventory audits and banking needs
- Conducts routine audits across all functional areas to ensure accuracy and compliance
- Ensures timely and accurate analysis of accounts receivable, accounts payable, inventory costs, internal controls, reconciliations, benchmarking, and is able to communicate on KPI’s and metrics to the management team
- Assist in the design, implementation, and timely calculations of wage incentives, sales commissions, salaries, and benefits for staff
- Drive the selection, implementation and upgrades of all financial systems and processes as we scale
- Provide leadership in strengthening internal communications with team and cross-functional teams across all levels throughout the organization; create and promote a positive and supportive work environment
- Prepare pro-forma financials, GAAP financials and other ad-hoc reports
What you bring to the table
- Ability to work independently while building effective work relationships, managing a team working towards meeting established targets/goals, influencing behavior, and managing change
- Tech-savvy, results-driven and highly analytical, you are a relationship builder with high EQ and communication skills that allow you to be effective at influencing a variety of stakeholders.
- Sound judgment, strong worth ethic, professionalism, and integrity
- Relevant certifications in field (if any), in good standing
- The ability to move between strategic thinking and rolling-up your sleeves to tackle operational work
- Must be detail oriented and able to handle complex instructions with care and follow-through
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness in execution of assigned tasks
- Ability to adapt to change and work in a fast paced, demanding environment
- Experienced business leader who is comfortable making executive decisions within the finance function and working with a wide range of business partners to meet business objectives
- Familiarity with HIPAA compliance and healthcare best practices (nice to have)
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting or other related field (Master’s Degree preferred); CPA preferred
- Strong generalist financial leadership experience (5 to 10 years) with hands-on experience in FP&A, accounting, and financial operations (bonus points at growth-stage through Series C)
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP reporting including ASC 606 (Revenue Recognition)
- Minimum of 3 years of prior management experience
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures and solid knowledge of Cost of Goods Sold and Operating Expense cost containment
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality regarding sensitive financial and proprietary information
- Strong emotional intelligence, integrity, and pride in serving as a subject matter expert
- Experience building and managing a high-performing team and driving initiatives in a cross-functional environment
- Passionate about longevity, healthy aging, healthcare and committed to personal self-care, healthy lifestyle, and personal growth
- Experience with ERP systems (Salesforce), Accounting Seed (replacing Great Plains), Paychex strongly preferred
What we value
- Family – we are a team that takes care of one another and helps each other perform at our best
- Possibilities – we make the impossible possible. To our members we say, “We can make that work”
- Excellence – in everything we do, big and small, we do it right – consistently
- Integrity – we speak up and do the right thing
- Collaboration – new ideas are best actioned together
- Diversity – different backgrounds and perspectives better everything we do
- Innovation – out of the box thinking happens every day here!
- Respect – we celebrate and admire the experience and expertise of our teammates
Investments in your health
- Competitive compensation
- A flexible (and/or remote) working environment
- 100% employer-paid employee medical, dental, vision premiums
- Health Savings Account with company contributions
- Two Employee Assistance Plans (EAP)
- Group paid life insurance and short-term disability
- Supplemental insurance elections
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Education assistance program
- Paid volunteer time off and team events
- 401(k) with company match
- Gym dues reimbursement
- Other great perks and benefits
BestLife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
BestLife policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on actual or perceived—or association with others of an actual or perceived—race, color, religious creed, sex or gender, national or ethnic origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related conditions), genetic information, gender identify or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, citizen or immigration status or any other basis protected by federal, State, or local laws. BestLife also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
BestLife participates in E-Verify
Not sure if this is you?
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still consider applying. We carefully consider every application, and will either move forward with you, find another team that might be a better fit, keep in touch for future opportunities, or thank you for your time.